Ask not for whom the bell tolls...

You know how it is? You like a specific "look"...work it into your daily style...enjoy it...and then...you see it on (insert generic brand here)'s website and...the end is in sight. In this case the g.b. is Banana Republic. It's not that I hate Banana Republic; far from it, I've bought several things there that always get a suprised "you got it where?" when I wear them. However, as shown by the number of women on my commute home who were wearing capri pants and pointy-toed, high-heeled boots, once they feature a certain "style" it's seen on every corner. It's the fashion Starbucks effect.

It appears that the latest casualty will be the shirt-under-dress look, one of my personal favorites. Sure, it's a little nerdy but...so am I. Plus, there are times when you want to wear your "pretty" dress without showing all that skin. But now, will I be faced with a sea of women...all wearing their office shirts under a dress? You hear that bell ringing? I think the answer is yes.

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...