The defense

"Prisoner at the bar, you stand accused of shopping the sales...how do you plead?"

"Guilty, with mitigating circumstances m'lud"

You see something...in a magazine...on a person in the street...in a store...and it touches a chord. Due to whatever circumstances the moment passes and, more importantly, nothing has been added to your closet. I had "one of those" moments when I first saw the necklace in this picture. Now I admit, I have a bit of a "thing" for oversized accessories...I snapped up two of Natalie Costes' weighty stained wooden bead necklaces when I spotted them at Barneys and have worn them numerous times. For some reason I always get lovely comments on them from little old ladies...
Anyway, to return to the "chain" of events, I saw the picture and loved it but didn't see any way (short of DIY) of replicating the idea. Then Susie Bubble posted a scarf that she bought from Benetton and I thought my luck was in. However none of the Benetton stores in my area stocked the scarf...perhaps it was only sold in Europe...so back to the DIY idea. And then...there, in Benetton's window, next to the sale sign was...the scarf.

It is now mine.

"And that, your honor, is what I mean by mitigating circumstances."

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 3 comments:

  • 7:17 PM
    I've been wanting the red one for ages. Hope I can afford one on sale.
  • Hebden said...
    9:05 PM
    I hope you get one...
  • site said...
    8:09 AM
    Thanks for this post, pretty effective piece of writing.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...