The highs and lows

Sometimes you read something and it just makes you scratch your head and wonder what is happening. Now, I am a conspicuous consumer...I freely admit it...but occasionally even I have question the shopping Gods. For instance, I was browsing Colette's site and saw this...

The Proenza Schouler for Target collection comes to colette for a limited-time only !
The collection will be sold from february 19th to march 5th, marking the first time Target merchandise will be available for sale outside the U.S.
colette has carried the Proenza Schouler brand from its beginning and is excited to support designers Lazaro Hernandez and Jack McCollough’s Proenza Schouler for Target collection.
Inspired by designers Hernandez and McCollough’s chic downtown style, the collection is comprised of silk and jersey dresses, tops in striking prints, swimwear, jackets, sweaters and skirts.
Thirty styles of the Proenza Schouler for Target collection will be available for fifteen days on the first floor of colette


Don't get me wrong, from the pictures I've seen the collection looks great...and this may be some kind of ironical statement but I don't think it is. For one thing, I highly doubt that the pieces will be priced similarly between the two stores. For another, the majority of Colette shoppers can afford the designers' main collection and don't need to buy the cheaper alternative (i.e. save some for the rest of us).

I'm probably being irrational...I enjoy a bargain and have happily bought items from some of the H&M collaborations and was planning on taking a look at the PS collection when it hit Target. Perhaps I'm just being a reverse-snob...

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...