objet trouvé

When I was a child I used to enjoy walking along some of the windswept beaches in Scotland, picking up things that had been washed ashore...wood, bleached and stripped of it's bark...pieces of glass, polished smooth by being rubbed against the sand as the waves hit the shore...once I even found a Sindy doll, battered and chewed, a true woman of the world.
Perhaps that's why I love Thea Grant's jewelry collections; they're an urban take on my childhood collecting. At the moment I'm leaning towards the bow bracelet or the NY subway token bracelet but the necklaces are very tempting as well...

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 3 comments:

  • mavieenrose said...
    1:08 PM
    Lovely! Have you seen Erica Weiner's work? It has a similar concept, I think. For example...
    http://www.ericaweiner.com/n_crossword.php
  • Hebden said...
    3:51 PM
    I'd seen her stag necklace but not some of the other pieces (but they're on my shopping list now).

    Thanks for sharing!
  • 10:38 AM
    To my mind every person ought to browse on it.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...