Something fishy...

The Spring/Summer collection from APC is now online and as a huge fan of the label I'm depressed that there's not much that catches my eye. Not much, that is, except for these flat sandals in brown galuchat leather. I couldn't understand the $499 pricetag until I looked up "galuchat" and discovered that it is sharkskin or stingray skin and takes its name from Louis XV's master leather artisan, Jean-Claude Galuchat. Stingray usually makes me think of 1930's cigarette cases but these sandals are completely modern with no hint of nostalgia.

Sadly I think these will remain on the "to be admired from afar" list...and on my "to do" list I'm adding a note to stop finding expensive shoes...

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...