The Gilded Age

For a several weeks, I've been looking at these gold lame leggings from American Apparel and wondering...could I? Or, perhaps more importantly, should I?

I'm usually a dark-colored opaque tight or legging girl...veering into marled grey when the occasion arises...and these are a far cry from that. And yet, the gleam kept drawing me back...so I tried to think of a realistic way of wearing them. I'd just got to the point of thinking "you know, peaking out from under a plain-ish black or navy dress these might work" when I saw this picture of Anouck Lepere. Bingo! Granted, she could wear a sack and look gorgeous but I am definitely going to risk it and give the "gilded gams" look a try.

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 4 comments:

  • Anonymous said...
    4:17 PM
    Is Anouk dating Jefferson Hack? He's Kate Moss' baby's daddy, right?
  • Hebden said...
    7:37 PM
    Yes (for quite a while)...and yes.
  • 9:50 PM
    I'm generally anti-leggings, yet I was strangely attracted to a pair of gold lurex Alice+Olivia leggings that were on sale on the Scoop NYC website. Good thing it's all gone before I got tempted to buy a pair.
  • Hebden said...
    8:39 PM
    It's the lure of gold...

    Though I flip-flop on the leggings depending on what they're worn with.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...