On the dot

It may be a throwback to nursery school but there's something perpetually right and comforting about basic shapes and colors. Stripes, of course, are a given...but so, to me at least, is the humble polka dot.

Is it possible to be less than cheerful if you're wearing something spotted? Plus, look at all the dot subsets...the cute dot...the 60's dot...even the "I'm tougher than I look" dot (as illustrated by the coat on the right)...
At the moment I'm rather taken by this polka-dot dress from the Gap...even though the Grecian sandals and Prell-girl hair are pretty much the antithesis of my style. With some modifications though...ballet flats...t-shirt underneath...cropped jacket...I could see this being very "modern but arty dot"...

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...