So Moiré, so good-y

Sorry, that was a terrible pun to start a Monday with. It must be due to my excitement that moiré (the watermarked material that's made by pressing engraved rollers on fabric) is making a comeback this Fall. Even though it's a tad old-fashioned I've always had a soft spot for it...mainly due to my grandmother or, to be more specific, her housecoat.

During the forties and fifties, grandmother had all of her clothes handmade...from suits down to underwear. And one of the few pieces from this halcyon period that I was able to get my hands on was her purple and white striped silk moiré housecoat.
Katy Rodriguez

Floor-length, mandarin collared, with large buttons down the front and an elasticated ruffle at the back of the waist. It's more debutante than hausfrau and certainly the only times I've worn it have been to parties. But, sadly, time is taking its toll...maybe this is the year for a little retro fabric to make its way into my closet.

Jenni KayneBrian Reyes

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...