Falling, yes I am falling...And she keeps calling...Me Back Again

It had to happen eventually, I just didn't think it would be now. A new APC collection usually gives me a feeling akin to that of a 5 year old on Christmas morning. Yet when I visited their site just now I came away feeling distinctly lukewarm about almost everything. It's like I put my foot out to take a step only to discover that someone had removed the floor...my axis is spinning.

Not that there's anything wrong with the clothes you understand...I can just look at so many pieces and say "I have something similar" that there's no rush of excitement. My credit card is happy but the rest of me can't help but feel a little sad. My one glimmer of interest is towards the marled wool granny scarf...but a trip to the wool shop and a few weeks of knit-one-purl-one should ease that sensation.

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 3 comments:

  • Anonymous said...
    6:00 PM
    i'm really disappointed as well. it looks rather sloppy and repetitive.
  • Mrs Fashion said...
    3:31 AM
    Hi, you're linked!

    And I always go wild for the APC catalogue - the thing with basics is that they are pretty repetitive by their very nature, but that's what I love about them! I've earmarked about a dozen things already...

    Mrs F x
  • Anonymous said...
    3:40 PM
    Sigh--I felt the same way. I'm also appalled that they've released the collection so soon--this time last year I could still buy summer things on sale (at least I think I could...maybe I'm just thinking of the madras collection).

    The transition to the new line also made it difficult to order things on their website yesterday--I had to call the NYC store to place it.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...