Lim-itless Possibilities

It's time to break the piggy bank and dig down behind the sofa cushions...because, depressingly, I seem to want/need most of Phillip Lim's Fall/Winter collection. I don't have any plans to go to New York in the near future so I'm not going to be visiting Lim's new store in Soho. Which is a shame because I really want to see the jewelry display cases inspired by Wonder Woman's invisible jet. I realize my inner nerd is showing here but...how cool is that?

But, back to the clothes...I've been looking at leather jackets for a while now but I haven't found one that, in Goldilocks' words, was "just right". I think this may be it...the swingy cut, knit collar, and numerous details elevate it beyond the rest.


I've been doing the dress/tie-neck shirt combo for a while now so in this case, while I can enjoy the eye candy, I don't have to worry about how much the darned things cost. The yellow rain slicker on the other hand is a different matter. I love this coat. The fact that it is one of the most impractical raincoats every created is not dampening my enthusiasm. My practical side is screaming out that a large portion of your body would have no rain protection whatsoever and that this kind of fabric tends to create a tropical jungle effect (intense heat and moisture) when worn. My impractical side is limiting it's argument to "but it's so cute" and pouting in a corner.

The plaid dress is just so multi-purpose it hurts...I could wear it to work, on the weekends, or to go out at night. The cardigan/skirt combo is, once again, something which I essentially have duplicates of in my closet. So I can breathe another sigh of relief and enjoy the bag and shoes that have been teamed with them.

I've never met a stripe I didn't like...'nuff said. The element that grabs my attention from the second look is the diamante brooch used to pin up the wide sleeve. It's the perfect counterpoint to an otherwise casual, though beautiful, look.

All of these looks combine to make a dream shopping list. Realistically, one (maybe two) pieces will hopefully make their way into my closet...the rest will be kept in my mental rolodex for inspiration purposes. The great thing is that, as I typed this post, I realized just how many similar items I own...the black & white vintage Ralph Lauren lumberjack jacket...the chunky, grey Edun cableknit cardigan...the APC smock dress. I really need to "shop" my closet before I hit the stores.

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 3 comments:

  • Queen Michelle said...
    9:16 AM
    Philip Lim never fails to make me want everything every season. I think he's actually a woman.
  • Hebden said...
    11:30 AM
    You could be right...

    I've always liked his clothes but this season, it's ridiculous...I want EVERYTHING.
  • site said...
    6:09 AM
    Quite useful piece of writing, thank you for this article.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...