The Waterlogged Boy Scout

They say that it's better to be prepared but what about being over-prepared? I realized the other day that I have waterproof coats to cover me for every eventuality...from slight drizzle to continuous downpour. Fold-up, nylon anoraks...trenches...rainslickers...heavy-duty waxed cotton numbers, both in jacket form from Mulberry and ankle-length from Barbour. The question of whether this is too much of a good thing rears its head when you realize there's footwear in varying degrees too...rubber skimmers from Sigerson Morrison...rubber ankle boots from my equestrian days...Hunter wellingtons...the list goes on.

Growing up in Scotland, where it seemed to rain continuously, may justify some of this but...I think I have a problem. I just came across these rubber flats in grey and red and, crazy as it may be, I was actually tempted for a minute or two...

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 1 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...