The Golden Age

Like me, you may have been feeling a little depressed about missing The Golden Age of Couture exhibit at the Victoria & Albert Museum in London. Even though the exhibition runs through January 6th of 2008 I was pretty sure that I wouldn't be able to see it and that the companion book was going to be my only solace.

However, in the spirit of Blue Peter (without the cardboard toilet paper rolls) I've come up with a few ways to not feel completely left out.

Create your own exhibition
V&A Prints offer prints or canvases of selected images from the V&A's collection. There are 26 prints to choose from the Golden Age exhibit with 5"x7" glossies starting at £5 and canvasses running up to a couple of hundred pounds, depending on size.



Design a shoe for Jimmy Choo
Well, at least a shoe design competition to be judged by Jimmy Choo. No prizes, other than the joy of winning, in case anyone thought some Choo's may be up for grabs.

And finally...

The D.I.Y. At Home Couture Experience
One bottle of champagne, a few piles of magazines, several blissful hours of luxury.

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...