Oh Doctor, can't you help me...

When do you realize that you have fashion-related "issues"? Well, it's probably when you get on a crowded bus for your evening commute wearing a pale wool skirt with crewel-work embroidered flowers on it...you know that the embroidery has a tendency to snag...so when a woman stands close to you with a backpack slung perilously close to your skirt it drives you over the edge.

Worry #1, as mentioned, this particular skirt is a snag-magnet...so the assorted zippers and metal fasteners on the backpack seem to have been designed purely to unpick stitches and unravel nerves.

An additional concern is that I think of backpacks as the kind of bag that gets dumped anywhere and everywhere...dirty floor, throw the bag down...dubiously damp sidewalk, let's put the bag down here shall we? So, even though I know there are probably incredibly clean backpacks out there I never seem to come into close contact with them. So, worry #2...pale skirt rubbing against dirty bag...

Nowhere to move in the crowded bus...and, of course, I wouldn't actually verbalize my anxiety...so I spent 40 minutes leaning at an exaggerated angle so as to distance myself from "the bag". This is, quite obviously, not normal...I need help.

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 4 comments:

  • indigo16 said...
    7:34 AM
    Totally empathise. Another grim combination is velcro straps that dangle down and your best wolford tights,brings tears to my eye.
  • MARIA H said...
    8:01 AM
    Trench coat!!!

    BTW: back pack carrieres are soooooo not aware of the scope their backpacks cover...I personally have to remind them often...hey person here! underneath your gigantic insensitive back pack! hellloooooooo...
  • Jennifer said...
    10:31 AM
    you don't have a problem. well, other people are your problem. nothing wrong with defending your clothes.
    oh velcro! why d'ye mention velcro inidigo? i HATE velcro.
  • Anonymous said...
    2:48 PM
    A fine guage knitting needle would pull the snag through the other side, leaves hardly a pucker.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...