Buy Me...I'll Change Your Life

It's strange...given my shopping addiction...and my love of a bargain...but I can't gather any enthusiasm for tomorrow's "day of discount" aka Black Friday. Perhaps it's the barrage of emails that I've received in the last couple of days offering me 20...no 30...no 40% off. Perhaps it's the fact that retailers seem to assume that I'm going to get up in the middle of the night to do my shopping...let's face it, at 4am I can barely function, let alone make lucid decisions.

Or really, isn't it my frugal inner core which has concluded that if retailers are this desperate in November they will be frantic for my business come December?
Image by Barbara Kruger

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 3 comments:

  • Jennifer said...
    3:24 PM
    i was just musing to my husband that shopping today (friday) holds zero appeal for me. i did not do one shred of shopping today... okay, that's not true, we bought lunch.
  • 5:47 PM
    I couldn't agree with you more...I always refrain from shopping on Thanksgiving weekend, and I'm a shopaholic!
  • 7:35 PM
    Or is it that you don't like being marketed to? I like discovering things by myself and when shops start begging me to spend my money it sends me running in the opposite direction.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...