Have you any wool?

As I was wandering around online I came across this picture and the text "Yarborough Stacked Alpaca Bangles - $65".

"Finally", I thought, "someone has come up with a cute, yet chic, relatively inexpensive, winter accessory." And, in my head, I started to create numerous outfits with the bangles. Then I clicked through and discovered that $65 is actually the price for one bangle...one of the small bangles...and the cost of the collection of bangles shown in the image was around $350. Obviously a "Plan B" was needed...

Enter some leftover marled wool from my sewing basket and a bracelet that I no longer wear. After some wrapping, the end result was a pretty good facsimile of the original...or it would have been if I'd had a little more wool...which means a trip to the wool shop, and a few hours of twisting twine, is in my future.

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 2 comments:

  • Ryan said...
    11:16 PM
    Hey!! Karen Walker is one of our FAVORITE artists!

    Brian designed a show at Victory Gardens that was heavily inspired by her work. I think he actually talked to her about her work for research for this play. Go to his site, www.briansidneybembridge.com, and click on the thumbnail that is third row down, 7th from the left. It's pretty. See you on the 15th!
  • Hebden said...
    7:51 AM
    Very cool...though you mean Kara Walker though, right? Karen's a designer from New Zealand...Kara's the American artist...too many people with similar names...

    Anyhoo, love the red background behind the cut-outs...makes me think of the Nina Simone song "Strange Fruit".

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...