Joy to the world...


Toile de jouy, the wood-block and copper-plate printed textiles with repeated designs of pastoral scenes and figures. have been around since the 18th century. That's a couple of centuries of bucolic locals frolicking amongst the assorted ruins, bridges, and gazebos that seem to litter the landscape in these kind of things...so it's obviously time for a change. And thanks to this scarf from Morphine Generation we have it...the aforementioned locals are now armed with semi-automatics (at least the children are...ah, the younger generation, bless them)...and the images are interspersed with text, my favorite of which begins with "I cut your name into my arm"...it's just all too, too romantic...in a slightly creepy, dysfunctional, idyllic way that is.

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 2 comments:

  • Anne-Laure said...
    7:35 PM
    As a teenager I wasn't really into this kind of prints for a wall paper.
    But now I know that my parents made the right choice.
    I would actually covete such a scarf...
    Are we all turning into our parents at some point??

    I enjoyed your blog ;)
  • Gervy said...
    4:29 AM
    I LOVE Toile de Jouy. I have two great pairs of pyjama pants from Gap in this - one pink, one green. I only wish I had a dress and some wallpaper...

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...