Just hanging around...

There are some pieces of furniture that you love...and are utilitarian...yet prove, overall, to be impractical to live with. One such item, for me, was a bentwood coat-stand. It was a handy place to store coats and hats but after a certain point it gained a striking resemblance to Cousin It from The Addams Family (I knew there was a coat rack under there, I just couldn't see it anymore). In addition the parts that I could see (i.e. the feet) seemed to call out to my inner klutz...like sirens of the sea calling sailors to their doom on the jagged rocks...so that I spent a good amount of time tripping up and cursing.

My problem, however, may be solved...thanks to a combination of wall vinyl and coat hooks. All of the charm of the traditional...able to hold a few coats, but not so many that you lose the silhouette...and no feet to fall over, except my own.

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...