Hair today...confused tomorrow

What do you think of when you hear the words "do it yourself"? Apart from the obvious image of weekend warriors ransacking their local hardware store before attempting to unblock a sink or build a gazebo the words do tend to suggest...well, doing something yourself...unassisted...alone.

Which is why I got excited when I saw that the UK Times had a video on their website "How to get the party hairstyle of the season...a sleek up-do doesn't have to be daunting...how to do it yourself". Surely, I thought, even a self-confessed no coif girl like me could manage an up-do if I have a video to follow along with. Then I realized that my ideas on DIY and those of The Times differed slightly...

In my mind, the DIY-er entered the hair battle, armed with only The Times' instructions and a Mason Pearson brush...and possibly a cocktail...tackled the job...and emerged victorious with a mostly-up-do. In The Times' scenario the DIY-er never actually touches their own hair...the hairstylist (and their assistant) do all of the back-combing, hairspraying, et al. Which means, unless you're the multi-limbed Goddess Kali or a centipede, it would be physically impossible to mimic the video.

Ah well, there go my dreams of "perfect party hair"...

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 2 comments:

  • Jennifer said...
    3:01 PM
    aiming for an actual "do" is so ambitious - my arms hurt just thinking about it. i invest my time, energy and $ in the search for the miracle product - haven't found it yet.
  • Hebden said...
    3:49 PM
    As my usual style is...um..."wind-blown"...I'd like, just once, to have a "coif".

    Doing it myself is probably one of those unattainable goals (like climbing Mt. Everest)...which is why I was so frustrated by the bait-and-switch on The Times' site.

    Don't even get me started on the search for the miracle product...

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...