"Cogito, ergo sum"


Which, as the Wikipedia Gods tell us, means "I think, therefore I am"..."Dubito, ergo cogito, ergo sum" means "I doubt, therefore I think, therefore I am"...sadly no Latin is given for "I shop, therefore I am", perhaps "Net-a-Porter, ergo sum" would fit the bill...

The reason for this somewhat random line of thought is that the fabulous Libertylondongirl has tagged me with a Thinking Blogger Award...for which I am hugely flattered...and, after all, nothing says "thinking" like a little Latin (at least that's what all my vintage paperbacks tend to suggest).

And so, to pass the tag along to some blogs which I find enjoyable...and thought provoking...Blog Sorbeta for photographs that make you want to travel and see all the style that the world has to offer...a slow boat to mediocrity for, among other things, finding the bedside table of my dreams...parallel entity for having Jacques Cousteau, Lanvin, and camel toes on one screen, variety being the spice of life.

As the Latins' say, "Tag...you're it!"

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 3 comments:

  • MARIA H said...
    7:13 PM
    Thanks a lot!
    I do enjoy your published thoughts too.
  • Anonymous said...
    4:56 PM
    Emo, ergo sum.
    I knew Latin GCSE would come in handy somewhere...
  • Hebden said...
    5:09 PM
    xanthippe - you officially rock!

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...