The (Un)touchables...

My first thought when I saw Hanii Y's short sleeved suede coat...well, okay, not my first thought. The initial jumbled thoughts hurtling through my brain were..."oooh"..."gorgeous suede"..."and a Peter Pan collar"..."and double zippers down the front"...drool...

My second thought, once I'd composed myself, was "ah, but it's one of those pieces which will cause untold angst because people will have an irresistible urge to touch it". Maybe it's just my inner curmudgeon...my fashion hermit...but I get very uncomfortable when people walk up to me and, completely uninvited, start rubbing my clothes (perhaps pregnant women experience the a similar concern when strangers rub their stomachs). My heart starts thumping...my pulse quickens...beads of perspiration appear on my brow...and why? The countless questions. Are their hands clean or did that cocktail sausage that I just saw them wolfing down leave a thin film of grease on their fingers which is about to be transferred onto my skirt? It's a warm day, and we all sweat, but will I be left with a sample of your DNA once you've tweaked my tulle? Is that a glass of red wine? Back off buster! My rampant paranoia knows no bounds...Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 8 comments:

  • Elizabeth said...
    2:09 PM
    Maybe I'll ship you a case of Scotch-Gard and your problems will be over. Or, you could travel with a pair of oven mitts, and require people to put them on upon approach.

    (I'm with you, I wouldn't want anybody to touch me, either.)
  • LalaLiu said...
    5:08 PM
    haha, your so funny. I probably would be one of those who would want to touch your outfit. i just can't resist. it's weird because i get irritated when dirty hands touch me too.
  • Bobble Bee said...
    9:50 PM
    god that coat is so beautiful!
  • Anonymous said...
    10:05 PM
    Nice coat
    Please don't dress it downdowndown, down down.
  • 10:39 PM
    I. Love. That. Coat. I have a thing about sniffing suede so I'd be sniffing AND touching...euwww!
  • Colon Cleanse said...
    1:47 AM
    oh. my god that coat is so beautiful!
  • site said...
    4:49 AM
    Quite worthwhile information, lots of thanks for your post.
  • gilipollas said...
    9:07 AM
    So much useful data for everyone!

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...