A recession is a significant decline in economic activity...

I realize that I've puzzled over some of the over-the-top prices connected with the "J Crew Collection" before and, not wishing to beat a dead horse, I apologize for the repetition...but when I was looking around their site and saw a THREE THOUSAND DOLLAR sequined jacket I just couldn't keep quiet.

I mean to say, for $3,000, the fashion enthusiast...looking for the "couture technique" described on J Crew's website...could actually get something from a couture house. Wouldn't that be preferable to high-priced High Street?

PhotobucketPhotobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 9 comments:

  • The Spicers said...
    10:48 AM
    I was shocked to see this one too! Wow.
  • WendyB said...
    11:50 AM
    The piece is nice, but it seems a crazy for J. Crew. Maybe they are throwing out some super-expensive things to make the more moderate priced line seem cheap????
  • Jennifer said...
    1:56 PM
    it has to be a typo.

    it makes a person think, if they are that unreasonable about the price of this item, just how much are they over-charging for their other pieces?
  • MARIA H said...
    7:26 PM
    very good marketing move.
    But in deed a class apart.
  • Elizabeth said...
    10:33 PM
    Why, that's preposterous!

    Yes, they've gotten too big for their distressed matchstick britches. What next?
  • Anonymous said...
    1:58 PM
    It looks like it's already sold out. Maybe some people were attracted to it because of the higher price, assuming that it must be somehow better to be so expensive.
  • Nicole said...
    5:56 PM
    Eesh. Really not worth it. I don't think people will be too impressed with the jacket in real life and J. Crew might have made a mistake going so out of their league. If you're going to spend $3000, I can't say I'd recommend spending it on this.
  • Anonymous said...
    8:19 AM
    Well it is sold out online, so people are a buyin'
  • camobel.com said...
    11:10 AM
    It won't truly have success, I believe so.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...