“I take Him shopping with me. I say, "OK, Jesus, help me find a bargain." - Tammy Faye Bakker

Once again the Sale Gods have been good to me...and I've been lucky enough to find something that I had given up all hope of getting my sticky little fingers on...and at a very good price, to boot. The item in question? The Officer dress from Heimstone's F/W 07 collection. I'd originally been drooling over the mustard version (which nobody in the US seemed to order) but the black and blue style was also terribly appealing (to my mind, at least...I've never been able to understand the whole "never wear black and ink blue together" diktat).

On a side note I have to say that I'm very impressed with Heimstone's quality and details...the dress is made of a medium-thickness cotton, fully lined in silk...and all six buttons on the bib of the dress are functional (it's little things like that that I absolutely love...it's so easy to just stick a fake button on items that finding something with real, working buttons gives a girl more of a thrill than it probably should)...plus, it has pockets!

As an additional helping of luck the temperatures here are still barely hitting spring levels so I should be able to get a decent amount of wear out of the dress before summer hits...though I should probably go and touch some wood right about now so that I don't jinx myself and find that the temperatures suddenly jump up to the 80's.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 6 comments:

  • Anonymous said...
    1:02 PM
    That collection is my favourite Heimstone collection thus far... love the dress in navy...
  • WendyB said...
    2:17 PM
    That Tammy Faye quote is wonderful.
  • 7:31 PM
    Oh, it's fantastic -- and yes, I agree with Wendy B, any day you quote Tammy Faye is a good day.
  • miss milki said...
    7:11 AM
    It's a gorgeous dress...you're so right about the little things like functioning buttons and pockets..they really make a piece of clothes!

    Where do you come up with all your fabulous quotes. I love them! This one made me laugh. :)
  • Hebden said...
    6:46 PM
    Glad you all liked the quote.

    miss milki - I just love words...and the weird things people say...and I keep track of my favorites. Thankfully they sometimes tie-in (albeit abstractly) with my posts.
  • Elizabeth said...
    10:51 AM
    Hilarious!

    This dress if fabulous, and I'mhappy you got it for yourself!

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...