As the Mad Hatter said...or was it the March Hare?

Photobucket


March Hare: Birthday? Hahaha! My dear child, this is not a birthdayparty!

Mad Hatter: Of course not! Hehehe! This is an unbirthdayparty!

Alice: Unbirthday? Why, I’m sorry, but I don’t quite understand.

March Hare: It’s very simple. Now, thirty days have Sept- no, when... an unbirthday, if you have a birthday then you... haha... she doesn’t know what an unbirthday is!

Mad Hatter: How silly! Ha HA Ha Ha! Ah-hum... I shall ellusinate! Now statistics prove, prove that you’ve one birthday.

March Hare: Imagine, just one birthday every year.

Mad Hatter: Ahhh, but there are 364 unbirthdays!

This happens to be my birthday...as opposed to all those other days which I celebrate as unbirthdays...and possibly the only time I could envision wearing Martin Margiela's gift bow ring.

However, as the ring is a momentary whim, I will focus on the tapas and gallons of sangria...which, later today, will be a reality.

Cheers!
Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 7 comments:

  • S. said...
    6:23 AM
    Happy birthday dear!! Hope you get everything you want on this day. ;)

    I must say I really, really love your blog. You inspire me to see the fun side of fashion, because that's a thing that always strike me with you, there is always something charmingly childish about your approach. And I mean this as a great compliment!

    X
  • Jennifer said...
    7:47 AM
    isn't june the best month!?
    i have 11 unbirthday months, and one whole entire birthday month.
    happy day!
  • Hebden said...
    1:46 PM
    thesearch - that's one of the nicest compliments...especially on a day when you 'officially' get a little older...thank you so much!

    editor - it is...and I really like your birthday policy...I've been working on a "birthday week" but maybe I just need to go the whole hog...
  • K.Line said...
    6:52 PM
    Happy Bday one day late Hebden. I only just read your post because I was busy celebrating my husband's birthday yesterday! Hope you had some great weather...
  • Elizabeth said...
    7:50 PM
    Happy Belated Birthday, Hebden.

    I hope it was joyful, and that it was all you wanted it to be.

    xx
    enc
  • Jennifer said...
    10:20 PM
    you will feel differently about the whole 'getting older' bit once you enforce, i mean embrace Birthday Month. i started with birthday week, though i can barely remember that far back. ;P
    now i'm too caught up in demanding, i mean enjoying Birthday Month to notice the age change - that and i start practicing my new age a few months ahead of time (using it if anyone asks my age, etc.), so there is no ((boom)) when the calendar hits the B-Day.
  • 7:17 PM
    It will not truly have success, I feel like this.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...