“Do not be in a hurry to tie what you cannot untie” - Proverb

I've been thinking a lot about scarves recently...partly due to a long-standing preoccupation with them...and also because of a couple of scarf-related items which have caught my eye...

Item #1, The Telegraph ran an article on the babushka meets Grace Kelly headscarves which were littering the Fall/Winter collections. Much as I love this look on Grace Kelly...or any other heroine from that period, especially if worn while being driven around in an open sports car...it's not for me...any time I try it the overall vibe is more cleaning lady than soignee sophisticate.

Still, if you're dying to give it a go The Telegraph has put together some pictures to show you how...though as this is probably the easiest way to tie a scarf I'm not sure that they're entirely necessary. They are good for a giggle though...as an example I've included my favorite picture from the set which gives the impression that the model is being attacked by someone using an Hermes scarf. Still, I suppose there are worse ways to go...

Random item #2 is this Alexander McQueen scarf that I noticed on Net-a-Porter. On the plus side, it does look beautiful and is hand-embroidered. On the minus, it resembles the Indian wall hangings that you see at some markets, except that it's $5,590 and they're usually about $10...

The only thing more alarming than the price is the fact it's sold out (insert query about "aren't we in a recession?" here).

Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 4 comments:

  • WendyB said...
    8:45 AM
    It really does look just like a wall hanging someone gave me.
  • Anonymous said...
    12:12 PM
    I just don't think i can pull off the scarf as well as the Queen does...
  • Anonymous said...
    2:44 PM
    Have you seen the latest APC offerings? I'd love to hear your take.
  • Elizabeth said...
    10:04 PM
    Unbelievable that that McQ scarf is sold out at $5,590.

    On the other hand, the expression on the model who's being attacked with the Hermès scarf is priceless.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...