"I have also seen children successfully surmounting the effects of an evil inheritance. That is due to purity being an inherent attribute of the soul"

I'd just like to say, "Thank you, Vogue Paris"...for showing me what to do with a piece of clothing that I inherited from my mother and was type-casting in the most horrific way...what can I say, it was one of those pieces that was surrounded by a mental block. The item in question...a thick, cotton, Navajo cardigan-jacket from Ralph Lauren...very much my mother's style...very much not mine...yet impossible to get rid of because, apart from anything else, I know how much the damned thing cost. Worn with varying degrees of success...sometimes I look "rustic"...and sometimes I just look sloppy...I hadn't been able to come up with a pairing that would lift it (or me) out of the rut.Photobucket

Which is why I was so thankful to see the "Lignes et Attitudes" editorial in the September issue of VP...styled by Emanuelle Alt and modeled by Daria Werbowy...there, amongst the Balmain and other goodies, was my cardigan (okay a newer version but, really, does Ralph Lauren change that much from year to year?). And, what do you know? Paired with a plaid shirt and some (God help me for saying this) tie-dye jeans, it has possibilities...I am re-energized and, this Winter, am determined to make this sweater work come hell or high water.

* For those who are curious, today's quote if from Mohandas Gandhi

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 1 comments:

  • Elizabeth said...
    10:06 AM
    I love it when fashion images inspire us to dig older things out of our closets and breathe new life into them. I'm happy to hear you're feeling the pull of the cardigan/jacket and that you'll be working with it again!

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...