What...this tatty old thing?

It's true what they say, your memory can play tricks on you...so...although I remember visiting the renowned discount store Tati when I lived in Paris...I don't actually recall what (if anything) I bought...in fact the only overwhelming memory is of the pink and white gingham pattern which was the store's hallmark.

A memory which was instantly summoned up when I caught a glance of Mayle's Tati bag. A bag which, on first glance, has a gorgeous chic-older-lady vibe...a bag that you could imagine stuffing full of life's necessities and carrying as you venture forth on a cold winter's day...a bag which...has no sides? Described as "a chic way to carry files or folders" I have to wonder how many people actually need a bag for this purpose...I certainly don't remember having seen this style before...of course, memory being what it is that isn't conclusive evidence...

Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 4 comments:

  • WendyB said...
    9:14 AM
    Well, that's something that I'll never be buying.
  • Elizabeth said...
    10:06 AM
    Hang on, all the papers would slide out the sides!
  • Hebden said...
    10:52 AM
    Yes, this one had me rather stumped too...my love was for the pattern, not the rather unusual bag design.
  • 3:51 AM
    My first thought when I saw this was, "huh?"

    While a bag like this makes going through the security line at government facilities a lot quicker, the threat of causing a scene with an explosion of papers doesn't justify buying such a "bag." The pattern is awesome, though.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...