The poor cat

Only a couple of days ago George Bush was staring out at me from my television set and bringing me tidings of doom and gloom...it's a recession, and you have to assume there will be cutbacks, so we didn't get the four horsemen of the Apocalypse...just George. Based on this, and the multitude of associated happenings at the moment, I would have thought that I would have been safe in browsing for any items that caught my fancy...taking my time...and generally behaving like a leisurely, contemplative (dare I say frugal?) shopper.

It turns out I was wrong...because about a day or so after APC's Winter collection was placed on its website their leopard scarf (in the dark green colorway) which had been available for Preorder only was...gasp...sold out. I suppose this particular phenomena could be explained by glancing at the image below but, even so, I wouldn't have thought there would have been quite such a feeding frenzy.

I think I snagged one...having been burned once when a preorder army jacket that I ordered...and waited 3 months for...never appeared I'm not going to say for certain that it's mine until I have it in my hot little hands. I'm also not going to assume, even in a recession, that it's safe to (as Lady MacBeth said) "Let 'I dare not' wait upon 'I would,' Like the poor cat i' the adage".

Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 1 comments:

  • Elizabeth said...
    10:26 AM
    I like the A.P.C. scarf more than the LV. I hope it actually arrives this time.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...