“The Russian doll was my muse. ... She had a cinched waist and full skirt” - Cynthia Steffe

Following what I'll refer to as the reclusive Victorian ingénue part of my adolescence...where my mother and I developed a positive fetish for needlepoint and ended up running out of things to cover (once you've worked your way through numerous cushions and the seats of a set of dining room chairs the only option is to turn it into wallpaper)...I haven't had much contact with cross-stitches.

Thanks to this scarf from Phillip Lim though I am feeling a definite renewal of interest...the urge is stirring to, once more, take needle to canvas...dress like a Russian nesting doll this Winter...and buy some really good vodka.

Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 3 comments:

  • Elizabeth said...
    9:30 AM
    I love needlepoint, and used to do it myself. This scarf really reminds me of it, and it's beautiful. It looks like a lot of long hours of handwork.
  • Jennifer said...
    6:44 PM
    yesterday i found the best use for my extra needlepoint string/yarn. i'm going to post about it tomorrow.
  • Hebden said...
    8:44 PM
    editor - you tease! Can't wait to read your post...

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...