“I used to go around looking as frumpy as possible because it was inconceivable you could be attractive as well as be smart." - Catherine Zeta Jones

Another twist on eighties mania...the return of the "frump sweater"...ie an over-sized and rather shapeless pieces of knitwear that gives absolutely no indication as to the underlying shape of the wearer. As I type this I realize that it may be coming across that I dislike the frump sweater..."au contraire, as the man said on the Bay of Biscay when they'd asked him if he'd dined" (sorry, that's one of my favorite lines from one of my vintage mystery novels...I'm sure it was riotously funny in 1930 but is probably lacking a certain something now)...I'm actually a huge fan of the f.s. (and have a cupboard full of vintage f.s.' to prove it)...I'm just happily surprised by the re-emergence of cozy, cocooned comfort over sex appeal.

Now that the cold weather has arrived I've already started pulling out my frumps from their summer resting place...how about you, will you be frumpin' this Fall?

Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 5 comments:

  • AusAnna said...
    7:02 AM
    i love those jumpers. :) ahhh
  • Anonymous said...
    9:42 AM
    I spent years frumping it up and am only just now recovering, so I'll pass on this trend. But I'm curious to see how others wear it.
  • Anonymous said...
    2:55 PM
    omgd, bill cosby sweaters? nnnnnnnooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!
  • Elizabeth said...
    12:28 AM
    I won't be frumping until I buy something frumpy. But it sounds pretty cozy.
  • plumey said...
    5:01 PM
    Frumpy is sexy in a less obvious way. I love it!

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...