"Their bodies . . . painted with woad in sundry figures" - Milton

As you may have noticed by now, I have a slight fascination with words...and, according to an online dictionary that I frequent, "Wode" can mean...

  • Wood
  • Mad
  • A strange combination of the two as found in Chaucer..."Our hoste gan to swear as (if) he were wood"...(on a side note this probably explains my lack of enthusiasm for The Canterbury Tales)
  • A seer, a poet
  • Insane, possessed, rabid, furious, frantic

It is also the name of Boudicca's "art fragrance"...though in this instance Wode is taken from Woad...a "deep blue plant extract"...which I can't help feeling is a little less exciting than a frantic, poetic, possession but I find the overall concept interesting so if I was to wear it I'd make sure that I provided the necessary element of insanity.

The idea, in a nutshell, is that when the fragrance first makes its appearance on the skin it is as a vibrant cobalt blue mist...which fades and disappears leaving only the scent behind. The combination of pressurized spray can and intense color mean that, if only for a few brief minutes, you can be your own canvas...walking graffiti...the very picture of scent and art combined...
Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 3 comments:

  • Elizabeth said...
    9:49 AM
    That is fascinating. I've never seen anything like it.
  • WendyB said...
    9:59 AM
    I love that they did this -- it's brilliant.
  • Anonymous said...
    4:01 PM
    I'm so roadtesting this....

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...