"An idea that is developed and put into action is more important than an idea that exists only as an idea." - Buddha

I finally got around to taking scissors, needle, and thread to my Marshall's purchases...partly because I've been too busy to tackle it earlier and partly because I needed to gird my loins for all the hand sewing that I was going to have to do (note to self, must try and find a cheap sewing machine).

The end result is one loss...the striped shirt was too thin to successfully mimic Rachel Comey's striped original and is now in the undershirt pile...and one win...a first pass at the men's plaid Ralph Lauren shirt has made it wearable...I may have another go at it in the future to make it slightly more fitted (once my fingers recover from having pins stuck in them like a voodoo doll).

Photobucket


Plaid shirt - Ralph Lauren, Perfecto jacket - Heimstone, jeans - Rag & Bone, bakelite Buddha necklace - vintage 1920's, moccasins - Old Navy

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 3 comments:

  • Jennifer said...
    9:18 PM
    Nice! As for a cheap sewing machine: I don't know if it will meet your needs, but I found a pretty decent basic machine at Sears:

    http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_02015343000P?vName=Appliances&cName=Sewing+Machines+&+Accessories

    It's gotten some good reviews and is now on sale for $85. I think I got it on sale for about $75 last year. I don't use it nearly as much as I should but it's performed well so far.
  • Hebden said...
    10:09 AM
    Thanks for the recommendation, I'll check it out.
  • Elizabeth said...
    4:50 PM
    DIY fixes can be real eye-openers. I'm sorry you lost your striped shirt to the undershirt pile.

    On the other hand, the checked shirt looks fantastic with that jacket. I really like the necklace, too. You have a keen sense of proportion.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...