“It's spring fever.... You don't quite know what it is you DO want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!” - Mark Twain

It's reached the time of year when I am desperate for spring...every thing's muddy or dead...the thought of seeing a few flowers actually blooming makes me giddy. At this point I'd also make allusions to lambs gamboling if it weren't for the fact that I helped out on a friend's sheep farm during my childhood...lambs may conjure up images of spring but they also mean getting up in the middle of the night to assist a pregnant ewe...being chased across a field by a herd of sheep...and countless other things.

Flowers are unfettered by such memories and invoke a nicely sentimental view of spring...which is probably why I'm lusting over these decoupage rose brooches from Tatty Devine. In an ideal world I'd buy a dozen of them and group them on the lapels of my jackets...realistically, I'll probably have to settle for one.

Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 2 comments:

  • Elizabeth said...
    9:05 AM
    Those are sweet. I love that they're on plywood. They remind me of old jigsaw puzzle pieces.
  • Anonymous said...
    8:01 PM
    I'd say they are DIY-able if you're good at that sort of thing.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...