Two sides of the same coin...

As I was cleaning out the files on my computer...(does anyone need to store thousands of images on their laptop?...I think not)...I came across a couple of pictures that I'd saved to my inspiration folder.

Dating from 2006 they still seem current...and illustrate the dichotomy that I find in my personal style...I want to be the girl in the leather jacket...but I also want to be the girl in the cashmere crew neck with the fabulous jewels (though thankfully both personas have the same unkempt bed head). Sometimes I feel like this duality works...while on other occasions I feel like I should be able to focus on one look that is "me"...whoever that may be...

These musings have, of course, made me curious. Do you have one, single, style that you focus on and which reflects "the real you"...or do you flit between various styles, taking elements from each? And, are you happy with your choice?

PhotobucketPhotobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 2 comments:

  • Anonymous said...
    10:42 AM
    This is the biggest problem in my style life. I am attracted to punk style, and it suits my lifestyle (scruffy and broke), but I don't quite have the confidence to pull it off, because I am not a badass in any way. I have this preppie inside of me screaming to get out and ruining everything. She is my true character but I find her lame. My style compass spins wildly, screwing up my wardrobe.
  • 3:02 PM
    There is definitely a dichotomy between what I wear on the weekends and what I wear for work. I always try to do something a little edgy but sophisticated, but I have to tone it down a lot more for work (obviously it's not a good idea for me to go into work with electric blue nail polish, which I have to reserve for the weekends). My work outfits tend to be less colorful (lots of blacks and grays, with a touch of color), more feminine and retro-inspired (high waisted pencil skirts, for example).

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...