“Yeah, feathers get ruffled. But she tries to balance the newer stuff with the classics.” - Ed Joiner

Today's words..."road"..."hell"..."paved"...and the ever popular "good intentions". Because just when I was (mentally) patting myself on the back for sticking pretty close to my summer wish list and not wasting money on fripperies I find myself completely smitten by this ruffled vest by Swedish designer Carin Rodebjer (an F.I.T. graduate whose collections draw inspiration from...Swedish national costumes, Parisian bohemians in the twenties and Finnish trash-rockers Hanoi Rocks).

What I find so appealing about this piece...apart from the toughly delicate, or delicately tough, sea of ruffles...is the fact that it is so lightweight that it would allow me to continue wearing my beloved layers even in the midst of summer. So now, the internal battle begins...to be "bad" or to be "good"? Or, as Henry Wadsworth Longfellow put it...

"There was a little girl
And she had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead,
When she was good,
She was very, very good,
And when she was bad she was horrid."

PhotobucketPhotobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 2 comments:

  • WendyB said...
    5:56 PM
    Ooh yes. It reminds me slightly of a ruffled bolero I have that is too cute.
  • peakoilscotland said...
    11:29 AM
    Hey, there is a great deal of effective info above!

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...