"Here one of the guinea-pigs cheered, and was immediately suppressed by the officers of the court." - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

Here one of the guinea-pigs cheered, and was immediately suppressed by the officers of the court. (As that is rather a hard word, I will just explain to you how it was done. They had a large canvas bag, which tied up at the mouth with strings: into this they slipped the guinea-pig, head first, and then sat upon it.)

`I'm glad I've seen that done,' thought Alice. `I've so often read in the newspapers, at the end of trials, "There was some attempts at applause, which was immediately suppressed by the officers of the court," and I never understood what it meant till now.'


There are degrees to any crime...the average pickpocket not being in the same league as as a large scale embezzler...and the child who dismembers their Barbie doll being at the far end of the spectrum from, say, Hannibal Lecter.

When pictures of the following landed in my inbox though I had to wonder what was worse...the so-called "fashion crime" of allowing your bra straps to peek out from under clothing...or embellishing the aforementioned straps with glass beads, Swarovski crystals, or pearls? And paying up to $120 for the privilege (bra not included). Personally I'd rather flash my straps on a daily basis than wear bra jewelry...
Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 2 comments:

  • Jennifer said...
    6:23 PM
    I think this idea falls into the realm of the hoochie-mama. Not to be touched with a 10 (or 50, or 1,000) foot pole!
  • 3:12 AM
    Quite helpful piece of writing, thanks for the post.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...