Life...Liberty...and the Pursuit of Happiness

Sometimes you have to take a step back and wonder if we've become so programmed to accept "fast fashion", and all that comes with it, that we have forfeited our right to expect a certain level of quality and craftsmanship. It's something I pondered as I tentatively touched a Liberty-esque scarf from Kate Moss' latest Topshop collection. At £35 it was...cheap. Not financially, but in every other aspect...made from the kind of slippery, synthetic substance that makes you nervous near an open flame.

I couldn't help but contrast it with the metre of actual Liberty fabric nestling in my shopping bag. For under £20 there was enough of the classic cotton cloth to make a large scarf with enough left over for small, side projects (at the moment I'm thinking of dusting off my button maker in order to make some floral badges and threading strips of the remainder through chain necklaces).

Liberty is mine...

Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 1 comments:

  • WendyB said...
    6:00 PM
    Can't stand cheap feeling fabric *shudder* -- even if it's free, I don't want it.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...