Brought to you by the letter D...

PhotobucketI suggest reading this post in your best Cookie Monster or Mumford voice...it's not obligatory but will add to the randomness of these musings...

But why D you ask...well, it's because...
D is for demoralizing.I've noticed in the past couple of days that, as a little warmth makes its way into the day, I've been pushing my jacket sleeves up around the mid-forearm region...which is great from the perspective of moderating my body temperature but is veering dangerously (and demoralizingly) into Don Johnson in Miami Vice territory.


D is for d'uh!When I told Mr. Heb about my brainwave I was met with raised eyebrows and concern about whether the sun had addled my brain. Even though it is ludicrously simple I'm going to share it in case there's anyone who, like me, it just hadn't occurred to. In the summer I love to wear my Converse lo-tops but am caught between the conflicting requirements of a) not wanting to wear them sock-less and b) not wanting to actually see any of the sock (I want the foot coverage...not the bit that pokes out of the shoe and covers the ankle). Sports socks don't fit the bill...and nylon sockettes part company with my heel after a couple of steps and spend the rest of the time bunched up around my toes. My "brainwave"...to put on a pair of tights which had outlived their usefulness...and my beloved Cons...then take a pair of nail scissors and cut the tights around the top of the shoe, thereby creating custom socks that go where I want them to go...but no further.

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 1 comments:

  • WendyB said...
    9:18 PM
    I always push up my sleeves if it is physically possible with that particular clothing item.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...