"Our prom dress has been on for over a year..."

“At some point we need to move on. We need to start doing some things. That day is fast approaching, if it's not here already. Our prom dress has been on for over [a] year and we've been standing there, with a corsage, waiting.” - Billy Beane

I'm rather ashamed to say it but...I bought this See by Chloe dress on sale a couple of years ago and this is the first time it will actually see the light of day. It's one of those dresses that I loved in the changing room but, whenever I pull it out and try it on, never seems quite right. The upper half, with it's puffy sleeves and lace bib, seems to yell "prom"...but they're the only thing about the dress which do.

Today I yanked it out of the closet yet one more time...unsurprisingly it still didn't feel quite right but, at this point, I don't think it ever will. So, I'm finally wearing it...to a barbecue.

Photobucket


Dress - See by Chloe, lo-tops - Converse, gold talon necklace - Erica Weiner

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 2 comments:

  • miss milki said...
    9:01 AM
    I hate when that happens, i think we all have a few things we liked in the changing room but felt wrong in real life. but I don't think this says prom to me at all, it looks really casual and relaxed the kind of dress I'd wear pretty continuously because its so easy to throw on and always looks good. Hope you get some more wear out of it now! :)
  • Hebden said...
    12:07 PM
    Thanks...I think I will now that it's finally made it out of the closet.

    The prom factor, for me, are the exceedingly pouffy sleeves...which don't photograph well but seem to demand a formal dance or a Dynasty-style battle with Joan Collins...

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...