Poor Elsa...

"Poor Elsa Lanchester. She left England because it already had a queen - Victoria. And she wanted to be queen of the Charles Laughton household, once he became a star, but he already had the role." - Marlene Dietrich

I was going to write about the supreme dorky-ugly-retro sweetness that constitutes these brown and white beauties by Elsa...the brainchild of a former Dries Van Noten/Martin Margiela shoe and accessories designer and an Italian shoe producer...a while ago. The combination of hand-painted wooden heels and old-lady girlishness appealed to me...

Photobucket


But, for some reason, it didn't happen...alright, to be honest...I started the post, saved it mid-way through, and then forgot all about it when I next logged on. So I'm taking this opportunity to rectify the situation...only now I've had the chance to look a more pieces from their summer collection and have found even more items to lust over...

Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 1 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...