"And Gideon arose, and slew Zebah and Zalmunna, and took away the ornaments that were on their camels' necks." - the Bible

Thanks to susie bubble...and the link she provided last week to Not Just a Label's July eShop offerings...I've had several things on my mind recently. Not least of which is this little gold plated camel by German jeweler kvast...part of their 24 Carat Pets collection of discarded toys and trinkets which have been dipped in gold and bound in silk ropes.

My long-time love affair with camels...and my twin love of all things shiny...was causing me to seriously consider a dip into the Hebden finances when I suddenly remembered something that was lurking in my jewelry box. A small brass pig...originally used as a lucky dice holder but with enough space, once his head was flipped open, to hold a folded emergency $20 bill...with a cord passed through the ring in his tail he took the edge off my animal craving (though I'm still experiencing a certain amount of dromedary desire).
Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 1 comments:

  • Anonymous said...
    11:10 PM
    I think your pig is FAR superior to the camel!

    April

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...