"Bad news goes about in clogs, Good news in stockinged feet." - Welsh proverb

I feel a little ashamed right now about the number of clog jokes that I've made over the years (generally of the small...Dutch...mouse variety). I'd love to say that this remorse was occasioned by a new found love of mice...or dancing on staircases...but no, once again, it's avarice...as I find myself besotted by, not just clogs, but...dear God help me...biker clogs. As I type this I have to add that I fully acknowledge that they're the evil spawn of a Hell's Angel and a hippie and, yet, I can't help but think that they make other (saner) biker boots look a little...tame...in comparison.

Really the only think holding me back from buying a pair of these Frankenboots is my dislike of discomfort...I'm having a hard time with the idea that spending a day walking around on wooden platforms is going to be anything other that hideously painful. Which led me to wonder if anyone out there has any clog/wooden soled shoe experiences that they'd like to share...

Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 4 comments:

  • 1:33 PM
    Wooden platforms can be comfortable if the insole is padded right and the bottom sole is rubberized. That's the case with my pair of Givenchy wooden sandals. I tried them on for a whim but ended up taking them home because they were surprisingly comfortable, and they remain one of my favorite pairs of shoes and a best buy. However, I tried on a couple of other pairs of wooden sandals and they just hurt because there was no padding on the insole.
  • Anonymous said...
    3:23 PM
    I would disagree with the previous poster to say that insole padding is not necessarily essential (even more so for boots which, unlike sandals, you'll be likely to wear with socks - and perhaps warm, ie thick, ones, at that), but you definitely need to try them on before commiting yourself, as the shape has to be just right for your individual foot. They should probably have, however, at least some lining on the insole, as wood plus aforementioned sock would otherwise be very slippery! (as I know from experience!)
  • VagaBond Nyc said...
    4:06 PM
    One of the best blogs around is looking even better, V are loving the new layout, sending lots of love and admiration your way! XX Vnyc
  • Hebden said...
    11:26 AM
    SRR & Anon - thank you for your responses! It gives me hope to hear that some wooden soled shoes are comfortable...I have to say, "interior foot slippage" would probably never have occurred to me as a potential issue

    Vnyc - thank you, that means a lot coming from you...I love your website...oh, and all the fantastic vintage lurking therein!

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...