"Ever since Eve gave Adam the apple, there has been a misunderstanding between the sexes about gifts" - Nan Robertson

Someone has finally answered the prayers of the expensive-handbag-loving-geek...thereby proving that no minority group is too small to fall under the marketing radar...and setting my pulse racing as I freely admit membership in the e.h.l.g. club.

Unfortunately I could only find one picture from the upcoming Mulberry/Apple collaboration...which will see nine of Mulberry's bags fitted with tech friendly extras like laptop padding and eyelet holes for headphones...a Bayswater in a (for me) rather unappealing black patent. I like my Mulberry classic and have my fingers crossed for aged leather...the perfect mix of technology and tradition.
Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 7 comments:

  • annemarie said...
    9:50 AM
    Yuck! The black patent is nasty! It looks like a pound shop laptop bag. Maybe it looks better in person?

    Maybe not though. I did not like the line they brought out last year either-- pink and other non-classic colors that were embossed with some kind of small unknown-reptile pattern. Again, yuck.

    I love the tumbled leathers of classic Mulberrys (Mulberries?) and I think all leather bags should be inspired by the image of a 1950s school-teacher wearing tweed and riding a big black bicycle with a basket in front.

    (Though the only Mulberry I own is the Mitzy Messenger...maybe when I'm a grown-up maybe I'll get a Bayswater, wear tweed, ride a bicycle)
  • po said...
    2:00 PM
    To me, Mulberry should be always (& only) in Oaks Darwin Leather.
  • Jennifer said...
    10:35 PM
    No to patent leather... to me, it always looks fake and cheap. Definitely a big YES to Darwin leather, always and forever. Then again, since I can't afford any version of a Mulberry right now, it's not up to me, is it?

    Actually, I've got an adorable pebbled black saddle bag that I bought at their outlet in Oxford in the early naughts. I love it so much but it's a bit too small for me to use daily :(
  • Jennifer said...
    1:32 AM
    I did end up pulling out my Mulberry saddle bag and used it for an outing to the city yesterday. It's a black Scotchgrain with dark brown leather trim I got so many compliments, and I love it so much, that it was worth having to edit what I carry in my bags to fit in this smaller one!
  • Hebden said...
    10:03 AM
    gemmifer - glad you used the bag...and isn't it amazing how much of the stuff you feel you "need" on a daily basis can actually be left at home? I should follow your example and reduce the amount of crap that I'm currently lugging around...
  • Jennifer said...
    11:45 PM
    Heb, I must admit that I tossed what wouldn't fit in the saddle bag into a tote that I carried with me, so maybe I'm not such a great role model in that arena ;)
  • cornerofhope said...
    11:21 AM
    Little doubt, the dude is completely just.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...