"Lord Ronald said nothing; he flung himself from the room, flung himself upon his horse and rode madly off in all directions" - Stephen Leacock

Much as Isabel Marant's clothes seem to be the staples in my wardrobe...the old friends that I reach for when I want something comfortable yet feminine...and much as I find something eternally appealing about the country gentleman appeal of a Tattersall check...this is one shirt that I won't be rushing to put on my credit card.

The reason? The misaligned pockets would drive me insane. I know it takes more work...and uses a little more fabric...to get the checks to align. For that reason, if this was from H&M it (somewhat perversely) wouldn't bother me...but for a shirt that has to cost several hundred dollars, it irks me beyond belief.
Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 3 comments:

  • Unknown said...
    8:38 AM
    interesting! I always sort of prefer breast pockets on plaid shirts to mix up the direction of the checks 'n' lines a bit. The pocket flap and pocket and yoke and midriff and button placket *all* playing off each other might be a bit much, though--you're right about that one.
  • Anonymous said...
    10:20 PM
    Hey, I’m a new blogger you can find here at www.mensshirtsguide.com, and your site is very related to mine; I thought it would be beneficial for both of us to do a blogroll link exchange. Please let me know if you’re interested.
  • Elizabeth said...
    8:54 AM
    I always dig when they turn the checked pockets 45 degrees, because I get to enjoy the pattern two ways rather than one. But here, it looks strange.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...