"I can no other answer make, but, thanks, and thanks." - William Shakespeare

I need to start this post by saying 'thank you' to Silje of everything and nothingness...had she had not written about the black leather pouch she purchased from VDC I would not have clicked through to their site and discovered their collection of linen clothing (the fabric for which comes from a Belgian company which has been specializing in the production of linen since 1858).


Browsing VDC's site was one of those rare instances where I could have ordered enough pieces to send myself to the poor house...and probably would have done had it not been for the fact that this was my first time buying anything from them and I was wary as I knew nothing about a) their sizing, and b) their quality, "what you see" being in so many cases disturbingly different from "what you get"...add in c) that any returns would need to be sent across the Atlantic...and you get the end result (a+b-c). I ordered one dress...sleeveless...in dark grey linen...whose fitted top and full skirt was like a clothing cocktail...three parts Azzedine Alaia...one part Degas' ballerinas...with a shot of punk, courtesy of the industrial strength zip down the back.


Now the dress has arrived (in record time, I might add...faster than some items have made it across the US) and I am a happy little camper. The fabric is...heavy...almost too much so for those who dislike such things...but the weight allows the fabric to hold it's shape...and creates an almost structural delicacy...the shape is feminine, the material is a little more rugged.


All in all, a perfect way to welcome in a new year...

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 4 comments:

  • S. said...
    12:57 PM
    Ohh... I have yet not received my pouch and have sent them several emails, the dress looks so elegant!
  • Hebden said...
    1:25 PM
    Strange...

    I was actually nervous as I received no payment or mailing confirmation from them...the package just arrived.

    I hope your pouch arrives soon...and that you're as happy with it as I am with the dress.
  • 5:43 PM
    Oh, that dress is tremendous.
  • Jennifer said...
    12:33 AM
    That is such a fabulous dress! It reminds me of an older Anna Molinari dress I have, but a bit more rock-and-roll than mine which is a bit more demure. Have loads of fun wearing it!

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...