"Let me sail, let me sail, let the Orinoco flow..." - Enya

In general, I find shopping for pants...trousers...call them what you will depending on which side of the Atlantic you live on...fraught with tension. For me, pants are generally a necessity purchase...for those days when it's too cold/windy/messy to wear a skirt. Because, try as I might, I can't escape the thought that pants are a less flattering option. Which makes it all the more perverse that when I finally buy a pair they have exaggerated pockets that add a good eight inches to the hip area.


Yet these fine wale corduroy Ori jodhpurs from Zero + Maria Cornejo had an irresistible (at least, when they were on sale) jolie laide appeal...the prettiness is in the fabric, the curve detail of the seams, and the delicate zips at the ankle...the ugly, in the "do my hips look big in this?" bucket pockets. Sometimes, I guess, you have to turn your back on rational thought and just go with the flow...

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...