"When I am an old woman I shall wear purple,...

...With a red hat which doesn't go and doesn't suit me, And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves, And satin sandals, and say we've no money for butter" - Jenny Joseph

There are types...the "good" girl who's constantly attracted to "bad" boys...the "sweet tooth" who can't pass a candy store without getting a fix...and, in my case, the "person who recognizes that they are not really a sandal wearer but doesn't seem to be able to look away". The latest pair to catch my eye...and start a whole new round of mental debate about whether these could be the ones that would turn me into a fully-fledged sandal wearer (stones, grit, and everything else that would work its way in there and cause discomfort be damned!)...are these leather and denim beauties from Gap's Design Editions. Strangely, I find something very alluring about the hodge podge of styles...they're like a bizarre cooking recipe...a dash of espadrille...a pinch of ballet shoe...a soupçon of the French Riviera...and a drop of Celine-like restraint.

They shouldn't work...but they do...

Photobucket

Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...