"The iron chain and the silken cord are both equally bonds" - Friedrich von Schiller

I've been a bad, lazy, DIY-er recently...whose sole forays into the land of needle and thread have either been related to mending pieces that were begging for a little TLC or turning men's shirts into cushion covers...both thoroughly useful endeavors but lacking the excitement and instant gratification that only a good fashion-related DIY project can provide.

Which is probably why I was so excited when I came across this rather snazzy scarf from Maison Martin Margiela. Well...to be exact...I was excited by the scarf itself...and the combination of tourist-shop plaid scarf with chain-link fringe...and rather less excited by the four hundred dollar price tag (a yelp of dismayed incredulity may actually have escaped me).

As a prospective DIY project though it's perfect, given that it's a) something I would get a lot of wear out of...b) something that I am too cheap/sensible to actually buy...and c) something whose composite parts should be ridiculously easy to find (did I mention what a lazy little DIY-er I am?)

Photobucket

Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 1 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...