"There is a thin line between love and hate and that line, my friend, is a scarf." - Friends

Judging by the almost universal blog-related love for Hermès' new J'Aime Mon Carré website I may be the lone naysayer...not that I don't enjoy learning a few extra ways to tie my scarves...or find the general layout of the site pleasing...or know that I'll while away some time clicking through the pictures of the scarves themselves in (what appears to be) every color variation known to mankind. No, it's the relentless "we're so young and effortlessly chic it hurts" vibe that I find so irritating.

I know, I know...this is Hermes attempt to be "cool"...but wouldn't it be so much cooler to just be a luxury house that has has existed for 170-or-so years and is still producing coveted merchandise? Is the cloying answer to the question "What do you do?"...posed to Ella, from Paris..."I drink red wine, eat croissants and make love while listening to Edith Piaf" being the incredibly stereotypical answer...really supposed to make me go out and buy a scarf?

Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 1 comments:

  • The Tote Trove said...
    11:57 PM
    Agreed. There's nothing less cool than trying to be cool.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...