"We can never know what to want, because, living only one life, we can neither compare it with our previous lives nor perfect it in our lives to come." - Milan Kundera

One of the "pros" of hotel life...apart from stumbling across a room service menu featuring butter poached lobster rolls with lemon truffle aioli and hand-cut fries (not that I'm about to go off on yet another food tangent)...is, what I'm going to call, the Unbearable Lightness of Closet.

The clutter-free joy (made all the more streamlined by the fact I only needed to bring shoes for my right foot)...the ability to wake up each day...throw open the closet doors...and find myself faced with an edited selection of pieces that will work in multiple variations.

In an ideal world...if I had the strength of will to be able to get rid of all those things that I am saving for "one day" but will probably never wear...or the things that are almost what I would like them to be...or the things that were irrational impulse buys, whose expulsion would only highlight how much money was wasted on them in the first place...every day would be like this...

Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...