"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting" - the Bible

Today's thrilling installment, "the test of time and the dollar bill"...

Back in August...when I first cast virtual eyes upon Phillip Lim's reversible tweed/shearling duffle coat I was...rather smitten. It was expensive...alright, it was very expensive...but the rationalization of two coats in one led to a fair bit of internet stalking...and a large-ish degree of disappointment when it sold out. Fast forward to yesterday...and the dying embers of Barney's winter sale...random, picked-over garments laying on racks...begging to be given a good home...and waving their 75% off tags around as an added inducement.Photobucket
And in their midst was the shearling...well, two actually, but only one in my size. I admired it for a while on the hanger...then dashed off to the changing room...put it on...and waited for angels to start singing...but, instead, there was a sort of "oh well, it's alright I suppose" kind of feeling. I called Mr. Heb in for a consultation..."you look like a teddy bear that's been dragged behind a car". Not the look I was going for...

The thwarted buying impulse was very reasonably satisfied at H&M...where the sale bin yield a chunky, wood and brass cuff...for one dollar.

Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 1 comments:

  • theguildedpage said...
    4:52 AM
    I read really much effective material above!

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...